Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Stress

Today did NOT go well. I ate really well at work because I pack my food and that's all I have to eat (as long as I avoid the food room, more on that later) so it's easy to control portions and what I'm eating. When I got home, however, it felt like all the stress of the day caught up with me all at once.

Hi, my name is Sam and I'm a stress eater. I eat to relax and the foods that help me relax are not healthy. I got home from work and just felt like I had been kicked around all day long by my boss. He's not always a nice person and I've gained quite a bit of weight since starting there because of the stress it induces.

I had a healthy dinner all planned out. Lots of veggies and I had even cooked part of it yesterday so it wouldn't take as long to prepare after work. Instead, I walked in the door and threw hot dogs in the microwave. My kids were delighted, I felt guilty.

Dinner, if you can call it that, was followed by two rice krispy treats and two fun sized kit kats and then I pretty much ended up on the couch for the rest of the evening. Total and complete failure today.

The crazy thing is that I know that walking and running completely relieves all of my stress. So why didn't I come home and go straight to the treadmill? I don't know. Definitely something I need to work on.


Tomorrow I try again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment